2008 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Review: Why I bought the 2008 Tribeca

2008 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Review

Limited 5-Passenger 4dr SUV (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Nav)

Why I bought the 2008 Tribeca
By bgk on

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After talking to persons who own a Subaru I knew they were onto something. I 'test drove' a few friends who own them and could feel the solidness of the vehicle. Since I don't buy new cars every few years (previously drove a '97 Blazer) I wanted to make sure this was the car for me. It is. Reading the reports on Subaru's reliability also moved me into purchasing it. Size wise, it's perfect. Not too big or small. Driving the Tribeca one can feel the responsiveness of it. A good, linear feel, like you are on rails, plus great stopping power. Good road feel too. Not too soft or harsh. Like Goldilocks' porridge, just right! Plus quick acceleration when stomped on.

The ambient lighting. I thought it'd be hokey. It isn't. Rear view mirrors take in a wide area of viewing. Nice for passing. The exterior design doesn't draw much attention. Somewhat bland. But that's ok with me. Who needs attention?

I like to drive resting my elbows. It's difficult to find a comfort point like I did with my Blazer. The door rest is a wee bit too low. And the right arm console is too short. I guess I need to grow longer arms. I find the engine noise a bit intrusive during acceleration. Once moving, it's ok.