Needs some improvement
By jrod on
2008 Subaru Tribeca 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
We have had this vehicle for approx. 26 mo. and haven't had an issue with the engine and tranny. What we do have issues with is the interior coming apart,like the plastic behind the steering wheel decided it didn't want to stay clipped. As for the 7 passenger claim..mm maybe they should have called it a 51/2 passenger. an adult can fit if they sit sideways. For the drive quality my wife has beaten out many a sport car with it. Fuel economy we average 21.5-25 mpg hwy (no kidding) when we take it to the mountains for ski season otherwise the posted 16 mpg city is accurate not bad for an SUV. Considering I drive it at 80mph i cannot complain.
Favorite Features
Very fun to drive especially in the winter. though the rear space isn't huge we can fit a lot of stuff back there. love the REAR A/C
Suggested Improvements
Ditch the 3rd row or make the SUV bigger, improve the plastics )V.W. does it inexpensive and good looking. get rear heat i do have a hard time in the winter keeping the glass from fogging up. Telescoping wheel for us taller ppl. I'm not the tallest at 6' but its hard for me to adjust to fit right.