2008 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Review: Liked it so much, I bought two

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Review

Liked it so much, I bought two
By BernieKl on

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Live in Cleveland Ohio where winters are harsh and streets are not well maintained. Test drove the Tribeca and my wife and I loved the performance, comfort, and style of the Tribeca. Traded in two full size SUVs for two Tribeca LTDs the same day. Absolutely love this SUV. Solid feel, great handling, fun to drive, very comfortable, loaded with features and thoughtful amenities. Feels comparable (and even preferable) to Lexus/BMW/Mercedes/Acura SUV at 10k less. All of the other SUVs I'd considered were on the dealers trade-in lot from people who bought Tribecas. My wife is getting 18/24 mpg on her used 2006 Tribeca B9, however I'm still in break-in period and getting 12-18 mpg.

Full time all wheel drive is great as is traction control. Vehicle come completely loaded so you don't have to haggle about options. Interior is beautiful. Engine warms quickly, Love having the option between XM and Sirius. Love the puddle lights. Full warranty is a plus. Uses regular 87 octane gas.

Nav system and remote start very expensive compared to aftermarket options. Front power outlets are too far back for plugging in accessories like GPS or radar detector. Needs a real coin tray. Goodyear Eagle tires are loud and perform poorly - would prefer Michelins.