2008 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Review: Hidden Gem

2008 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Review

5-Passenger 4dr SUV (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Hidden Gem
By Baystar on

2008 Subaru Tribeca 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2003 Audi A4 Avant because it was so unreliable. The Tribeca is a hidden gem, it has a great ride and all the features of a Lexus RX but costs $12,000 less. While the critics complain about lack of space in rear rows that only applies to the 7 seater, the 5 seater has plenty of leg room. I think Subaru should stop trying to market the Tribeca as a 7 seater. Mileage could be better, but it helps that the Tribeca runs on regular gas. Handling is good enough that I don't miss the Audi. The overall ride is quiet, smooth and feels very sophisticated. The stereo is very good and helps make the commute highly enjoyable. The nav system has worked fine for me thus far.

The rear view camera, puddle lights, large side mirrors. Subaru's reliability. Stylish interior. Most of all I like the fact that I've been driving this car for a month and have not come across another 08 Tribeca on the streets. No doubt this won't be for long, but it's not bad to feel unique.

Gas tank and glove compartment could be larger.