Great value in a crossover
By Pepe_V on
2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I've driven nearly 3,000 miles on my new Tribeca. I previously drove a Cadillac STS, and wanted a comfortable, sporty ride, that didn't require me to sit so low to the ground. My Tribeca is very comfortable, sporty (for this kind of vehicle), and versatile with the room in back and fold down seats. The nav system is inconsistent - sometimes it's great, others, like a trip to central OH last week, it wants to send you 100 miles out of your way. Gas mileage could be better. The 2008 model is good looking, with a smooth engine and terrific all wheel drive at a nice price. It also has lots of storage, cup holders and power ports for family use. Put this on your short list!
Favorite Features
Comfort, room, handsome leather interior, Subaru's all wheel drive and reputation for reliability and safety. Lots of versatility, including cupholders and bins.
Suggested Improvements
The navigation system isn't good enough to justify the price premium. It doesn't even include Bluetooth. Also, with 4 inches of instruction manuals, why are there no instructions for changing the time on the clock in the nav system? Gas mileage could be better.