Great car for the money
By Tim O on
2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Have 12,000 on my Tribeca, and have been very happy. I was shopping for an SUV w/ 4WD/AWD, good reliability and resale, and wanted some luxury appointments (leather, 6 CD, etc) for not much over $30k. I chose the Subaru over all others in class as I was able to get most everything I wanted without having to compromise too much. The inside and exterior styling are very unique, and the interior is more luxurious and sharp looking that the other cars in class. I've had the car for close to a year and have been very impressed. The AWD system is fantastic in the Iowa winters. After having ridden in all of them, I'm happy I chose this over Pilot, Highlander, 4Runner and Edge.
Favorite Features
AWD system is great; unique interior; head and shoulder room for driver is fantastic (I'm 6'1"); ease of rear seat folding; not everyone has one; puddle lights are a nice touch; iPod jack; 18" wheels are great; comfy/supportive seats.
Suggested Improvements
Really needs a telescoping steering wheel; center arm rest needs to slide forward so the driver can rest an elbow on there while holding the wheel; the steering wheel mounted radio control doesn't let you scroll through your presets, it just 'seeks' to the next station which is VERY annoying.