2008 Subaru Tribeca 3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Exceeded my Importation

2008 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Review

2008 Subaru Tribeca 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Exceeded my Importation
By RoadStar on

2008 Subaru Tribeca 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My first import, wanted something that was not mainstream and found it! A real looker, have many positive compliments on it and especially since Subaru is has a history of not being attractive/sexy cars. Rides like a heavy SUV but with a soft suspension. Pulls my 18' I/O runabout boat with surprising ease. Corners very well and has solid brakes. So far able to pull out 260ish miles on a tank of 87 octane. And that is with the help of my "lead" foot. Base stereo should offer at least 6 disk in dash for this class of car.

Favorite Features

Very quiet inside the cockpit. Love the award winning interior. Big difference when driving in Sport mode. Practical cup holders. Large mirrors are practical and do not take away from the sexy exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Larger glove compartment or smaller owners manual. Need a change holder, at least for quarters and dimes. Not enough pocket storage in the front sitting area. Engine seems little noisy when outside listening to it idle. Can't hear it inside the cabin! Rear air fan control also needed in front.