2008 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:
2nd subi in 10 months
By Soobi-tlc on 12/14/07 09:02 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my problematic Audi Allroad finally. We're very impressed with our 08 LL Bean Outback 3.0L that we bought in April. So I tested the Tribeca. I didn't like the interior design too much - spacey. I looked at all the other CUV/SUVs and other wagons that were so much more. Thought about used MDX. Liked the new Subi better. Agree with all comments on stupid nav system. They can fix that by issuing a new software update if they're smart. I'm getting 19mpg on 87octane buzzing around town and commuting 42 miles each way a day. The car has 1750 miles and will improve. Overall very comfortable and pleased. Driving in Sport only helps performance.

Hard to Beat
By C. J. DeSantis on 12/10/07 11:33 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I backed into the Subaru Tribeca because the Acura Dealers were not willing to negotiate on the RDX. That caused me to research more and I found the Tribeca with a six cylinder engine instead of a turbocharged 4 cylinder and I never looked back. I've now had the car 3 months and I am very happy the Acura dealers were shortsighted. The Tribeca is the most fun to drive of any car I have ever owned and I've owned quite a few. It corners and holds the road like a sports car. The "toys" radio, gps, sound sys are excellent. The backup camera is great, especially at night. Mileage is average, in the 18 to 20 range. The one shortcoming is the gas tank. It should have greater capacity.

Great value in a crossover
By Pepe_V on 12/06/07 05:33 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven nearly 3,000 miles on my new Tribeca. I previously drove a Cadillac STS, and wanted a comfortable, sporty ride, that didn't require me to sit so low to the ground. My Tribeca is very comfortable, sporty (for this kind of vehicle), and versatile with the room in back and fold down seats. The nav system is inconsistent - sometimes it's great, others, like a trip to central OH last week, it wants to send you 100 miles out of your way. Gas mileage could be better. The 2008 model is good looking, with a smooth engine and terrific all wheel drive at a nice price. It also has lots of storage, cup holders and power ports for family use. Put this on your short list!

New to Subaru, loving the Tribeca!
By CLR on 12/01/07 13:59 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 5-passenger Ltd. Tribeca less than 2 weeks, but with the exception of the gas mileage (avg 14.9 city MPG), I'm really loving it! There is plenty of head and leg room (I'm 5'8 and BF is 6'1). Has a comfortable yet peppy driving response, good pickup in the city. This is my first Subaru purchase after years of VW driving, but I don't think it will be my last. Side note: GPS navigation system, in hindsight, would have been better purchased after market. I'd have more room on the console without having to "agree" to it's use each time I start the vehicle.

A great vehicle, but don't get the nav
By APM on 11/21/07 13:40 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Subaru. They are a very reliable car, and great in winter weather. The fit and finish of the car is superb. The interior is quite roomy both front and rear, and I like the styling. I looked at BMW and Lexus, and I bought the Subaru. To my taste, the exterior looks just like every other crossover. It's nice, but not distinctive. The interior has high style and comfort. It handles very well, and has just the right amount of power. Braking is spectacular. I am not comfortable with the way the transmission shifts, particularly on hills.

Liked it so much, I bought two
By BernieKl on 11/20/07 06:00 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Live in Cleveland Ohio where winters are harsh and streets are not well maintained. Test drove the Tribeca and my wife and I loved the performance, comfort, and style of the Tribeca. Traded in two full size SUVs for two Tribeca LTDs the same day. Absolutely love this SUV. Solid feel, great handling, fun to drive, very comfortable, loaded with features and thoughtful amenities. Feels comparable (and even preferable) to Lexus/BMW/Mercedes/Acura SUV at 10k less. All of the other SUVs I'd considered were on the dealers trade-in lot from people who bought Tribecas. My wife is getting 18/24 mpg on her used 2006 Tribeca B9, however I'm still in break-in period and getting 12-18 mpg.

Exceeded my Importation
By RoadStar on 11/02/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My first import, wanted something that was not mainstream and found it! A real looker, have many positive compliments on it and especially since Subaru is has a history of not being attractive/sexy cars. Rides like a heavy SUV but with a soft suspension. Pulls my 18' I/O runabout boat with surprising ease. Corners very well and has solid brakes. So far able to pull out 260ish miles on a tank of 87 octane. And that is with the help of my "lead" foot. Base stereo should offer at least 6 disk in dash for this class of car.

Love my new Tribeca
By David in Austin on 10/29/07 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle this weekend, and absolutely love it. The ride and handling is great and the AWD system inspires confidence. Nav system is easy to use, but is a little far away. The redesign provides more rear seat room, and with the 7 passenger, you get rear AC controls that help a great deal. Handling is very precise and acceleration with the nex 3.6 liter engine is much better than in the previous generation.

Why I bought the 2008 Tribeca
By bgk on 10/29/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After talking to persons who own a Subaru I knew they were onto something. I 'test drove' a few friends who own them and could feel the solidness of the vehicle. Since I don't buy new cars every few years (previously drove a '97 Blazer) I wanted to make sure this was the car for me. It is. Reading the reports on Subaru's reliability also moved me into purchasing it. Size wise, it's perfect. Not too big or small. Driving the Tribeca one can feel the responsiveness of it. A good, linear feel, like you are on rails, plus great stopping power. Good road feel too. Not too soft or harsh. Like Goldilocks' porridge, just right! Plus quick acceleration when stomped on.

Wonderful Vehicle
By sunflwr50 on 10/25/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After researching the typical makes of SUVs I decided on the Tribeca. It is fun to drive, handles well & looks sporty. The interior controls are easy to use especially at night due to the red backlighting. The stability control is awesome. I feel it is the only thing that kept me on the road when I was hydroplaning in a bad rain storm. You can actually feel the system work as it steers you in the right direction. The ride is very smooth and quiet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.