2nd subi in 10 months
By Soobi-tlc on
2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Traded in my problematic Audi Allroad finally. We're very impressed with our 08 LL Bean Outback 3.0L that we bought in April. So I tested the Tribeca. I didn't like the interior design too much - spacey. I looked at all the other CUV/SUVs and other wagons that were so much more. Thought about used MDX. Liked the new Subi better. Agree with all comments on stupid nav system. They can fix that by issuing a new software update if they're smart. I'm getting 19mpg on 87octane buzzing around town and commuting 42 miles each way a day. The car has 1750 miles and will improve. Overall very comfortable and pleased. Driving in Sport only helps performance.
Favorite Features
Quiet. Smooth. Nice handling and breaking. Nice seating - should be aerated like LL Bean models. Fantastic reputation. Much much nicer looks. Simple clean lines. XM radio. No more blind spots. Door closing is solid.
Suggested Improvements
Tinny speakers. Rear view mirrors, albeit great size, have poor windage and get very dirty. Trip meter button terrible placing. Revamp nav software. More frontal storage. HID headlamps. Better fog lamps - they're currently worthless.