Used 2008 Subaru Tribeca 5-Passenger SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

Good Value
By Scott

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the basic 5 person version for several months. We researched literally ever vehicle except this one, but drove it because dealership also had them. What a great car for the $$. Liked most everything from the start and the concerns (the cockpit design) have grown on us. If it is good in snow as its supposed to be then it will be a "10"

Favorite Features

Tracking, the car is very stable.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise around the massive side view mirrors. Fuel gauge is in kind of an odd spot.

New Subaru Tribeca owner
By Brenda

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the Tribeca. I previously owned a Mercedes SUV and a Toyota Highlander. I love the interior and features but I don't care for the ride. It is very bumpy and I am sensitive to motion. The Toyota gave a much much better ride and I am sorry I didn't buy it out of the lease. I was swayed by the features I didn't have in the Highlander like heated seats, memory seats, outside temp reading, etc. The insurance is a fortune-my bad for not checking. They say it is because it costs so much to fix and the excise tax is very high which I didn't factor in. Factor in all your costs before making this purchase!

Favorite Features

Control placements, features, storage room, turn radius.

Suggested Improvements

More colors to choose from, side mirrors are large and block vision, need place to put coins, bigger glove compartment, most importantly it needs to have a smoother ride.