2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:
Subaru Groupie
By Subaru Groupie on 07/26/10 17:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Subaru. They have cornered the market on all wheel drive. You can beat the low center of gravity and feel for the road. My only wish is that they would widen and cushion the seats better. All in all, wouldn't trade in my Subie for anything else. Like any vehicle maintenance and good tires are the keys to the vehicle's longevity. Expect 200,000 miles

Needs some improvement
By jrod on 03/02/10 21:55 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for approx. 26 mo. and haven't had an issue with the engine and tranny. What we do have issues with is the interior coming apart,like the plastic behind the steering wheel decided it didn't want to stay clipped. As for the 7 passenger claim..mm maybe they should have called it a 51/2 passenger. an adult can fit if they sit sideways. For the drive quality my wife has beaten out many a sport car with it. Fuel economy we average 21.5-25 mpg hwy (no kidding) when we take it to the mountains for ski season otherwise the posted 16 mpg city is accurate not bad for an SUV. Considering I drive it at 80mph i cannot complain.

Did not meet expecations
By Briofny on 07/23/09 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car in April of 08, and just hit 27k miles. Small gas tank, but mileage not bad for an SUV. The fit of the interior of the car is disappointing, loose pieces every where, & the rear hatch is not designed to strategically close when packing. Also, what is the point of the rear blower if I can't control it from the front, my kids cant reach it. The look of the car is great, but I can't justify the looks versus the quality I expect for the prices. A+ on the handling and engine (although Subaru wants me to change the tranny fluid already)! C on interior quality and pointing out as another post did, who scans on the radio any more, let me change my presets from the steering wheel

Great SUV
By jaypol on 06/08/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7 pass last month. I have always driven Acura vehicles over the last 10 years but was turned off to the high cost of the MDX. I test drove the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave,Toyota Highlander, and MDX. The Tribeca beat all these with respect to ride, performance, comfort, and safety. I only have 500 miles on it but am very satisfied so far.

Great Vehicle
By Phil in Blaine on 09/10/07 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at and driving all the other SUVs in its class and some above it, this by far was the best vehicle. If you are in the market for this type of vehicle you owe to yourself to take a test drive, you will be sold. The mileage surprised me. I am getting 18.5 to 19 mpg in suburban driving. It is quiet, smooth and has one of the smoothest shifting transmissions I have driven, almost as smooth as a CVT. The power curve is excellent. Subaru has hit a home run with this vehicle.

Great luxury bang for the buck
By gvo on 07/30/07 22:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

'08 Tribeca is head and shoulders above the underpowered '07 model with ugly front looks. The drive is smooth, the design and build quality are great. It's a hungry beast, though - I can't get more than 17 mpg out of it. Other than that, beautiful car, and I am very happy with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.