Used 2008 Subaru Tribeca 7-Passenger SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

Loss of confidence
By Phil in Blaine

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased our Tribeca about 18 months ago, and rated it very high. All of that has changed after being stranded 3 times and numerous trips to the dealer who can't or won't resolve the problems. From the beginning there has been a noise in the engine that the dealer and factory reps hear but can't pinpoint, so it goes unrepaired, also it burns oil but not enough to meet their oil consumption criteria. The steering column locks up, and has stranded us three times, you have to beat and bang on the column to unlock it, the tow driver taught me that, and because you can't duplicate the condition, they can't repair it. This is our first Subaru and it will be our last. Maybe we got a LEMON?

Ride and handling, especially in ice and snow conditions. Seating comfort, and ease of entry.

Better customer service!

Safe and Secure
By Bigtime

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this vehicle for my sons who went off to school. This is a solid vehicle with excellent safety ratings. It is a substantial vehicle that handles whatever the weather brings. In 3 years mileage will be up substantially for all manufacturers when it it time for a new vehicle. What sold me was the overall passenger room, the styling and safety features. I have not regretted the lease for even a moment. I wish that I were driving it instead of my kids.

Comfortable front seats. Secure handling. Large side mirrors for visibility. Excellent cargo room. One of the safest vehicles on the road.

More second row leg seat room and of course bluetooth capability.

My Subaru Tribeca
By Mira

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 1st Subaru and the 1st SUV. I have about 700 miles on it and love it so far. I've been averaging 18.6 mpg in the city. Once in a while I can hear the rear seat belts making noise, especially if you have something leaning against them. Overall very comfortable ride, fairly smooth. Radio controls on the steering wheel are nice, but I manage to hit them accidentally when turning somehow. Gas cap rests on the exterior paint during refuel, don't really like that, but it's minor. I'm 5.9" and steering wheel adjustment is fine, no problems, plenty of leg room. My insurance went down a little due to Subaru being a safer vehicle. It handles like a smaller car, and has plenty of cargo room.

Reliability of Subaru vehicles, interior and exterior design, puddle lights, remote start, 3rd row seating, AWD.

Bluetooth would be nice, and a larger fuel tank, as well as better gas mileage. Cell phone charger only works when the car is running, otherwise power is off, never had this in any car, could leave anything plugged in and have it charged, but not in this vehicle. Rear heat and not just rear air.

Traded my Acura TL
By Jay

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Leased this vehicle in April 2008.Love the comfortable smooth ride. It has a lot of room for sports equipment. XM radio is awesome. Fun to drive and with AWD handles great on rain slicked roads. Will be going up to the western NC mountains next month and am looking forward to mountain driving. Looked and test drove Mazda CX-9, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Acura MDX, and Toyota Highlander. The Subaru Tribeca seemed to be the best fit and great value for the money.

Comfortable seating, smooth and quiet ride, AWD for inclement weather, and XM radio.

Better gas mileage. I only have 750 miles on it and getting 17-18 mpg in city/highway. It would be nice to have bluetooth connectivity standard. I bought a bluetooth car kit that works well and is portable

Exceeded my Importation
By RoadStar

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My first import, wanted something that was not mainstream and found it! A real looker, have many positive compliments on it and especially since Subaru is has a history of not being attractive/sexy cars. Rides like a heavy SUV but with a soft suspension. Pulls my 18' I/O runabout boat with surprising ease. Corners very well and has solid brakes. So far able to pull out 260ish miles on a tank of 87 octane. And that is with the help of my "lead" foot. Base stereo should offer at least 6 disk in dash for this class of car.

Very quiet inside the cockpit. Love the award winning interior. Big difference when driving in Sport mode. Practical cup holders. Large mirrors are practical and do not take away from the sexy exterior.

Larger glove compartment or smaller owners manual. Need a change holder, at least for quarters and dimes. Not enough pocket storage in the front sitting area. Engine seems little noisy when outside listening to it idle. Can't hear it inside the cabin! Rear air fan control also needed in front.

• SUV