1994 Subaru SVX Consumer Review: Best car I have owned

1994 Subaru SVX - Consumer Review

L Coupe (3.3L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Best car I have owned
By Don on

1994 Subaru SVX L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after driving the FWD as I liked the look in 1992, but until I drove the FWD is when I fell in love. I have 92,000 miles on the Laguna Blue Beauty & heads turn to try and guess what car it is. I still have the original Bridgestone tires and think I will get new ones soon. For anyone interested in these '92-'97 SVX's, if you buy one get the FWD as the ones with the AWD seem to have transmission & wheel bearing issues, which I never had even though I change the oil & filters more often than normal. Owning a car like this makes you feel different as on the highway it purrs better than any other car I've driven, so enjoy being different.

The way it handles when your locked in at 65 mph and you seem to be gliding across the road, but you can't feel the pavement. Also the windows that attract the other drivers and the classy look of the stainless steel exhaust system with the dual oblong chrome pipes.

Maybe rear wheel drive like the Z-cars were. The boxer engine was way ahead of its time as 14 years later they are putting the same 3.3 boxer engine in the new 2006 Tribeca B9 SUV.