Used 1994 Subaru SVX L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Subaru SVX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SVX model:

SOOOOO much FUN
By bigdr1979

1994 Subaru SVX L 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. The engine is strong, and the style is second to none. I have added an aftermarket exhaust, that does not sound like a bumble bee, instead it purrs like a porsche. This is the most fun I have had in a car in a long time. The only thing I hate is the first question out of everyones mouth "what's up with the windows?"

The style, the engine, and the ability to turn a corner at 120

Cupholders and a 5speed

Best car I have owned
By Don

1994 Subaru SVX L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after driving the FWD as I liked the look in 1992, but until I drove the FWD is when I fell in love. I have 92,000 miles on the Laguna Blue Beauty & heads turn to try and guess what car it is. I still have the original Bridgestone tires and think I will get new ones soon. For anyone interested in these '92-'97 SVX's, if you buy one get the FWD as the ones with the AWD seem to have transmission & wheel bearing issues, which I never had even though I change the oil & filters more often than normal. Owning a car like this makes you feel different as on the highway it purrs better than any other car I've driven, so enjoy being different.

The way it handles when your locked in at 65 mph and you seem to be gliding across the road, but you can't feel the pavement. Also the windows that attract the other drivers and the classy look of the stainless steel exhaust system with the dual oblong chrome pipes.

Maybe rear wheel drive like the Z-cars were. The boxer engine was way ahead of its time as 14 years later they are putting the same 3.3 boxer engine in the new 2006 Tribeca B9 SUV.

Catfish
By dtrita

1994 Subaru SVX L 2dr Coupe

Built to last! Keep up with the maintenance and it's a dream come true. 3 sets of tires, three timing belts f/ normal maintance - beat that!

Performance, appearance, reliable! Quiet running, smooth driving and handling; it always performs well in any weather, love it all!

Wish the style would come back! We need more cars like it these days.