2014 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Have snow, will travel
By slavik2014 on 12/05/13 10:29 AM (PST)

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The winter has arrived along with half a foot of snow, ice, and -20 wind chills - a perfect time to see what my new (just a month old) Subaru is made of. Happy to report that it's more than up to the challenge. Drove it this AM through ice covered hills and it held its own nicely. Even at the intersections, where I used to sometimes slide around in my previous vehicle (Honda CRV), the Outback holds steady. And, it's fun to drive!

fast, powerful, fun and easy to control
By outbacker3 on 12/02/13 09:36 AM (PST)

2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have my 3.6R 6 weeks now, and love it. I sold my Sporty coup AUDI TT and Safari van when bought this one. so far I'm loving it! the combination of having sporty car like and be able to have so much room for passengers and cargo, make it my favorite car. I test drove so many other SUVs and crossovers when I came to the point that outback is the best choice for me. AUDI Q5 was closest option for performance and handling, but it had less cargo and passenger space and $18000 more money.

Great for families (my intended purpose)
By marbs34 on 12/01/13 22:24 PM (PST)

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really like this car, I've been looking into it for the last couple of years. All of the merits fit what I've wanted it for. Lots of room, reasonable gas mileage, car-like handling, off-pavement ability... This car gets it done, after the first couple of weeks getting adjusted to sitting up higher than what i traded in, (2013 Buick Regal GS) I took it on a road trip 400 miles each direction and was very happy with it's comfort for the trip. The seats are great,supportive yet soft while not creating circulation hot spots over long periods, the driver lumbar support is actually very, very good as well.

Outback's maiden voyage to Baja
By bajapable on 11/30/13 09:17 AM (PST)

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our 1998 Outback served us well so we went for the 2014. The test drive was a 3700 mi trip to southern Baja & back. It performed well, including on some pretty rough desert roads. It's not a luxury car, not a sports car, but so far it seems to be a solid mid-range car suited to a wide range of uses and conditions.

Happy to Join the Subaru Family
By cornpuff on 10/31/13 12:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Shopped around a lot, but was won over by the Outback's push-button park brake (wife has physical issues with pull-ups), its interior refinement, its reputation for reliability, its snow-handling prowess (BIG plus). Dealer couldn't have been happier to give a great trade in value and shave 2,500 off MSRP. It has SUV abilities, but drives like a car, and does not jiggle like a tall SUV. We are an empty nest couple in our 60s, who live on a farm in PA, and we need the perfect blend of on-road manners with the guts to get up and down a challenging driveway. It is a relief to find such a vehicle after fighting the SUV wars for decades. Should've done this years ago.

66 of 16,355 people found this review helpful
2014 3.6R Limited
By sjg5 on 10/01/13 08:14 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have been driving my 2014 6 cyl. Outback for 5 weeks now and have put almost 3000 miles on it. I cannot praise this little car enough. Glad my husband talked me into the 6 cylinder, It's getting 22 mpg around town ( suburban metro Washington DC ) and on our trip to South Carolina a whopping 31 mpg. It's so much more fun to drive than my 1999 Yukon, and almost as comfortable on a long trip. Love it! My 6'4" husband even has plenty of head and leg room!

49 of 19,454 people found this review helpful
A Vehicle That Fits
By lambanlaa1 on 09/11/13 15:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle fits my lifestyle right now. We sometimes take long trips, and the interior comfort of this vehicle is excellent. It is also handy for those occasional do-it-yourself projects that require a large hatch/trunk area. Mostly, though, the vehicle (car/wagon/baby SUV?) is fun to drive. I feel sorry when I have to turn the engine off. I especially enjoy the EyeSight features, including adaptive cruise control. This is my first Subaru and I hope to be able to gift the vehicle to my child at high school graduation in five years.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Subaru Outback in WA is:

$169 per month*