Almost perfect
By benthedog on
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Got a 2013 3.6 with the special appearance package. Car is a joy to drive with plenty of pwr and torque combined with the paddle shifters. This is my first Subaru and I am impressed with the fit and finish. The interior space is more than adequate for my wife and me. The car is easy to get into and out of. The car seems incredibly solid.
Favorite Features
Special appearance package is really nice with the saddle leather. I love the cladding around the bottom of the car. I got the wheel arch moldings and with the mud flaps no stones have made it to the metal so far. The slab sides are a breeze to clean. 3.6 is torque enough for me and the paddle shifters and tighter suspension make this a fun car to drive. 8.5 inches ground clearance is nice to have. I cant wait to get it off road to hit some of our favorite bicycle trails.
Suggested Improvements
It is almost perfect; however, I have a few nits to pick. Nav system cant be changed while car is moving, driver 1 and driver 2 seat adjustment doesnt work unless car is on, passenger door lock button doesnt light up at night, no seat height adjustment on passenger seat, no delay when car is shut off so lights, radio go off immediately, pwr. locks dont automatically lock at 15 mph. I think Subaru should come out with a luxury interior that can compete with Volvo or Audi. I know that may not be their niche, but the Outback platform can handle it on the engineering side.