After a month...
By waskallywabbit on
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Like several others...I'm a little disappointed in the mileage. My new Outback gets about 26 on my daily 27 mile (each way) commute. While that matches the "overall" mileage rating...I was hoping for better. My last vehicle, a Jeep Patriot, actually got it's rated 27 mpg on that same commute. But the Outback is certainly more comfortable to drive. The steering takes a little getting used to...but only because it's very tight and responsive. Before buying, I test drove everything in its class and it's only real competition was the Forrester.
Favorite Features
Comfort of ride is great for the minimum 10 hours per week I spend behind the wheel. Ride is quiet and smooth. Interior layout is also great. Controls are easily accessible and intelligently laid out. Aside from a small blind spot, visibility is good.
Suggested Improvements
Some of the competition models had a "sport"/"cruise" mode for the steering, which would be nice for long freeway trips where the sporty handling can become high maintenance. Like most other cars, the heated seat controls are located on the top of the center console which makes them easy to accidentally turn on/off. The automatic dimming rear mirror is great. How about offering that for the side mirrors as well? Although I like the storage shelf top center of the dash...setting stuff there blocks the view of the clock, etc.