Practical
By cncmachinist on
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I looked at cars for over a year and the Outback was the only vehicle that met all of my criteria. I test drove my 2013 and wanted to purchase it right away. I was aware that Subaru changed the engine and added a timing chain instead of a timing belt but, didnt know that the CVT was also revised. Reading old reviews I can tell you that the 2013 is "torquier" and responsive when you take off from a dead stop. Also I am averaging 28.5 MPG combined highway/city. Over 32 MPG on long trips. I have 3500 miles on the car already. The navigation IS a bit clumsy as I have seen other people comment on BUT, it is very accurate and believe me I am no Louis or, Clark :).
Favorite Features
The interior is beautiful - without a doubt ! I like the eyesight feature also. The car rides very smooth also - so much so that when I was driving to the beach my girlfriend was reading a book as we were driving and said she had never been able to do that in a car before without getting sick.
Suggested Improvements
Eye sight feature shuts off when it is raining hard or, foggy. Should have a few compartments to put change in for tolls.