Poor fuel economy
By postit1 on
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I would like this car very much were it not for the gas mileage. I would not recomend this car if fuel economy is at all important to you. I am a light footed driver who has always gotten near or even slightly above the rated mileage on vehicles owned. There are always a few drivers who will get poor mileage with any vehicle. Before buying I dismissed these at lead footed drivers. I should not have. Check around on the web and you will find poor mileage is a pretty common issue with the 2013 4 cyl. Outback. I am getting 22-23 mpg on 70-80% highway driving split between 50-60mph and 75 mph. Non highway driving is suburban areas. Am actively working to unload this vehicle.
Favorite Features
Interior space, ground clearance, cargo space under floor, seat comfort
Suggested Improvements
Did I mention the fuel economy is bad?
By lnrgr
on 10/11/13 09:24 AM (PDT)

Do you have this vehicle markrt06? I do and I am gettiing less mileage than postit1. I drive at moderate speeds and can tell you that even though my high mieage '97 camery was not getting great mileage anymore it was quite a bit better than the outback. Sorry I sold it. You say to check it out at a dealer - I have and they deny any thing is wrong and suggest I use a different brand of gas. Whatever brand would not make up 10 miles per gallon.

By markrt06
on 02/16/13 10:55 AM (PST)

Well your vehicle is not representitive of the Outback's I'm familiar with. 30-33mpg is attainable at 65-70 mph easily with the 2.5L boxer & in the 22-24 range in town. All day any day. Slow down & have you vehicle checked out at dealer.