Met my Expectations!
By ohiotraveler on
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
My wife has a 2010 Legacy and has 84,000 miles on it and she can get over 30 MPG, easily. I have 4500 miles on my 2013 Outback and I easily get 29 MPG, sometimes over 30. As far as the mileage concerns I feel it is the way a person drives. The car is not meant for spirited driving. If you want that, buy something else. It drives tight and very predictable, although the gas pedal is a little touchy when accelerating from a stop. The ride quality is very good, a little firm but I wanted that over a soft ride. I did buy the limited for the Harmon/Karmon radio because the base radio really sucks as far as sound quality. I'm 6'3" and the little added height to the Outback makes it easy to exit.
Favorite Features
I like the ground clearance and the added height makes getting in and out of the car very easy. I traded in a 2005 Murano and went from 21 MPG to over 29MPG. That's over a 35% increase in mileage. I like the visibility, the blind spots are minimal. The steering is tight with very little play. The suspension is firm but not unduly harsh. The brakes are very predictable and sure. Turning radius is short compared to my 2005 Murano. The storage area in back is well laid out.
Suggested Improvements
Not much complain about. The hatch is a little hard to close with only one hand. It has strong mechanism to hold the hatch up. The privacy cover on the storage area rattles somewhat in driving on rough roads. It took in while to figure that out, but it stores completely out of sight in the storage for the spare tire, very nice.