Nice overall car but wandering issue on highway
By stradivarius on
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
This is my sixth Subaru and it is the most refined Subaru I have owned. The interior is very comfortable and after 4000 miles it does most things well, except driving on the highway. The first extended highway drive I encountered I found that the car wandered and I had to do constant corrections to keep it in the lane. It felt like driving on an extremely windy day but it was dead calm. I contacted the dealer and they advised to bring it in as it probably needed an alignment. When I brought it in someone test drove the car and said it was normal. That day I had a friend drive it who noticed it immediately. My wife won't drive it on the highway and Subaru claims this is normal? Buyer Beware!!
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, comfort, AWD
Suggested Improvements
Power lift gate, heated steering wheel, push button start
By gsctht
on 08/20/13 19:25 PM (PDT)

Try adjusting you steering wheel pulled all the way out and see if that works for you, did me.

By wolfie8
on 08/09/14 22:16 PM (PDT)

I noticed this too. After 1.5 yrs of ownership, decided to take it to a trusted alignment shop. They told me subaru's run flat ( zero degrees camber on front end ). They put some camber on it and it solved the problem for me. I can even drive with one hand now. I found this wander very tiresome on 100 miles drives. I was considering trading off if alignment didn't resolve.