2013 Subaru Outback 3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great - but just misses

2013 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

3.6R Limited Wagon (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Great - but just misses it
By tlhcpa on

2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've hqd my 2013 Outback 2.t Limited for over a year. I wanted a 6 cylinder. The choise was between an Acura RDX and Outback. While I like the Outback, for the amount of money I think the RDX would have been a better deal. The price was about the same except the Outback does not have drivers seat memory, a LOUSY almost unusable navigation system, no auto assist parking, no power tailgate. In addtion the OUtback is noisy as all get out. The heat/AC fan is so loud you can't hear the radio. Road noise is loud as well. Gas mileage is 5-7 MPG below what is advertised. Not exactly the best choice in the $35K-$40K price range.

Favorite Features

The handling and accelaration make it fun to drive. It is designed for AWD not as an AWD add-on. I like the Eyesight, the 10 position power seat

Suggested Improvements

Add a drivers seat memory with powr seats. Make the navigation system more useer friendly. Do something about the interior and road noise. It' cannot be that hard to find a quieter fan.