2013 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium

2013 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
By rogerl3 on

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium after extensive research.This is my first Subaru and first AWD vehicle. After 2,700 miles of driving I have been very pleased with the performance, drivability, and features. The car handles extremely well on all roads. Acceleration is acceptable, with plenty of torque and power with the 4 cyl. Boxer engine. The CVT transmission takes a bit of "getting used to" as it does not shift through gears as a typical automatic transmission. The interior is quiet and comfortable, plenty of space for 4 adults and storage in the rear cargo area. The Outback is an exceptional value IMHO.

All wheel drive, roomy & comfortable interior, plenty of "get up and go" for a 4 cyl. engine, handles extremely well.

Actual mileage is lower than advertised EPA estimates. I am averaging 23-24 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. The audio system could be improved, I would recommend budgeting for an aftermarket system installation for those interested in good sound quality.
By rogerl3
on 11/06/13 11:41 AM (PST)

Update: No problems after 11,500 miles on my 2013 Outback. The car runs very well. The mileage has improved, I'm averaging 26-27 mpg in my daily mixed driving. We got 32 mpg on a lengthy trip to the NC Outer Banks this summer. Glad we chose the Outback. Looking forward to some wintery weather to see how it handles in the snow.