2013 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Good Basic Transportation after 20k miles just OK
By electricvette on 12/21/13 14:42 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my wife's car. I tell every one I do not like it for the following reasons. 1. The front seat will not go full horizontal so my wife has two towels in the back. 2. road noise is terrible. 3. heavy steering... its like they put the smallest freek'n power steering pump in to get better gas mileage and you have to work the wheel on trips. 4. radio knobs are not log enough. 5 poor ride comfort. MY GMC Denali rides soooo much better than this. 6. seat comfort is poor. Will not be a repeat customer. Looking for something quieter on my next car.

Great car for the Money
By cdose on 12/11/13 19:09 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently got this car in July 2013. I wasn't thinking of spending the money for a new car but somehow I found one on the lot for 4k off sticker and went for it. It was a great choice, the car is incredible sturdy, useful, easy to drive, it came with a manual which was important to me. The backseats are much more comfortable than any SUV I have been in, lots of space in the back too. First snow of the season hits and I could not be more pleased with how the car handles. The only thing you have to worry about is the cars around you, this thing is just phenomenal in the snow, especially with a manual transmission.

Love My Subaru
By jlewis51 on 08/26/13 07:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Needed a new vehicle and read tons of reviews as well as drove a lot of crossover type SUVs. We were impressed with the Subaru's safety ratings and consumer reviews so we bought this 2013 Outback. We love it! Gas mileage is awesome. 34.2 on highway so far and around 24 in city and it's not broke in as yet. Only downsides: the beige cloth seats get dirty easily so get seat covers ASAP; air conditioning is a bit hard to regulate. It's roomy and comfy inside. I have a horrid back and find that I'm not getting as stiff and achy after riding in this for long periods of time. We're very impressed with Subaru! Owned a Honda Accord before.

1st Subaru
By dmuzyka on 08/22/13 20:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This purchase (2013 Limited with Special Appearance package) was the culmination of 2 years of research (I keep my cars 12-15 years, 200k+ miles). A big change from my mid-size 4WD SUV; I'm loving the driveability and handling. Just as roomy inside except not as tall as my old one. No road wandering I've noticed after 2500 miles including 2 road trips. 2.5 is more than enough for me, although others may want more. The other finalists were Volvo XC70 and Audi Q5, although they cost $$ more and were nicer trimmed of course. The OB feels just as solid on the road. Honda CRV AWD was the only close-price contestant and the OB felt much more solid. I liked the CRV's front storage though

Nice overall car but wandering issue on highway
By stradivarius on 08/17/13 10:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my sixth Subaru and it is the most refined Subaru I have owned. The interior is very comfortable and after 4000 miles it does most things well, except driving on the highway. The first extended highway drive I encountered I found that the car wandered and I had to do constant corrections to keep it in the lane. It felt like driving on an extremely windy day but it was dead calm. I contacted the dealer and they advised to bring it in as it probably needed an alignment. When I brought it in someone test drove the car and said it was normal. That day I had a friend drive it who noticed it immediately. My wife won't drive it on the highway and Subaru claims this is normal? Buyer Beware!!

Bluetooth sucks
By colin12 on 08/14/13 17:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought this car and absolutely love it for the exception of the Bluetooth. Had a Hyundai before and the Bluetooth worked great. On the Outback it is totally annoying. Will not dial by name or number. Had other people in my family try it and and it is a joke. Shame on you Subaru!

Excellent car, except for owners of Thule equipment
By kingti on 07/27/13 10:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Very good to excellent in all aspects, except for the integrated roof rack. The crossbars do not work with many older Thule products (bike carriers, ski racks, kayak carriers), and they do not extend beyond the width of the roof line. For those outdoor enthusiasts who need to carry multiple items, we need to attach standard Thule crossbars. However, the design of the roof limits the front to back bar distance to 25 inches. This makes for a less stable kayak carrier or rooftop box. I am told that Subaru and Yakima have an agreed upon specific adapter for Yakima crossbars. Subaru needs to do the same with Thule, given the large number of Thule enthusiasts.

SAP
By gsctht on 07/26/13 16:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in our 10 Legacy that we loved for the ground clearance of the Outback, ordered June of 12 and received in July so a year now and have loved everything about it. Ride was sportier in the Legacy and it probably isnt of Audi or BMW quality..(Maybe better) We have taken several long trips very comfortably and on the Hwy can easily get the 30mpg promised avg hand calc over the last year is shy of 26 and we do in town driving. 2.5i strong enough for anyone unless you just love having the 6 cyl, live @ 4000ft and go down the hill all the time. Works great in the snow. Nav is good not great, large back up camera. Recommend to anyone, Great Value.

First Subie Love
By joepawlicki on 07/24/13 14:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We've had our 2013 Outback since the Winter and its been awesome. The suspension was definitely stiffened up this year which can make poor road conditions more noticeable but high speed and back road handling is spot on. Our latest road trip was 400 miles to NH and we averaged 33.6 MPG with 3 people, cargo and lots of mountain roads. We've hit a few off road trails and the car has tackled mud and dips with ease. The interior is quiet, spacious and the harmon kardon audio is very good. No issues to date!

Excellent car with minor quirks
By ssubiedoobie on 07/04/13 08:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great car traded in my sport car, BMW which was in the shop frequently. Having said that I am done with "German" Engineering. I got the Outback for obvious outdoor activities as well as daily driver. The car handles well around sharp curves, their are to minor quirks with the car. 1) audio system to blue tooth, sometimes fades in and out. 2) Ignition keys, this I find more annoying I have not had ignition keys on a car for over 6 yrs but if you can go "retro" then it should not bother you. Overall great car, fun to drive. Impressive off road not only for its handling but the fact that it handles those bumps flawlessly. Works well on potholes also.