2013 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Great - but just misses it
By tlhcpa on 06/08/14 08:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've hqd my 2013 Outback 2.t Limited for over a year. I wanted a 6 cylinder. The choise was between an Acura RDX and Outback. While I like the Outback, for the amount of money I think the RDX would have been a better deal. The price was about the same except the Outback does not have drivers seat memory, a LOUSY almost unusable navigation system, no auto assist parking, no power tailgate. In addtion the OUtback is noisy as all get out. The heat/AC fan is so loud you can't hear the radio. Road noise is loud as well. Gas mileage is 5-7 MPG below what is advertised. Not exactly the best choice in the $35K-$40K price range.

Excellent car with minor quirks
By ssubiedoobie on 07/04/13 08:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great car traded in my sport car, BMW which was in the shop frequently. Having said that I am done with "German" Engineering. I got the Outback for obvious outdoor activities as well as daily driver. The car handles well around sharp curves, their are to minor quirks with the car. 1) audio system to blue tooth, sometimes fades in and out. 2) Ignition keys, this I find more annoying I have not had ignition keys on a car for over 6 yrs but if you can go "retro" then it should not bother you. Overall great car, fun to drive. Impressive off road not only for its handling but the fact that it handles those bumps flawlessly. Works well on potholes also.

Best Subaru Yet!
By poohbaru on 02/02/13 09:11 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car now since Sept 2012, my 6th Subaru and the best so far. My first was a 84' GL wagon and I've been in love with Subaru's ever since. They are more refined now and offer a lot more creature comforts but still have that unique character that makes a Subaru a Subaru. I have the 3.6R Limited with EyeSight (thought about the Special Appearance Package but opted for safety over a couple of additional gadgets). Very glad I did. The EyeSight system is AWESOME. It has saved me from a few close calls and actually prevented me from hitting a deer. I had a 06 LL Bean Outback (also a great car) couldn't believe how much roomier it was and love that I can use regular gas versus high test

Almost perfect
By benthedog on 11/06/12 05:09 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Got a 2013 3.6 with the special appearance package. Car is a joy to drive with plenty of pwr and torque combined with the paddle shifters. This is my first Subaru and I am impressed with the fit and finish. The interior space is more than adequate for my wife and me. The car is easy to get into and out of. The car seems incredibly solid.

2013 Outback Adds Bells and Whistles
By bepete on 11/03/12 21:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Subaru Outback has always been on my watch list because of its high reliability / resale value coupled with proven AWD performance. When Motor Trend awarded its SUV of the Year Award to the redesigned and larger 2010 Outback, I took a closer look but felt the vehicle lacked tech and comfort features that were commonplace in the new vehicle market. The top of the line 2013 Subaru Outback has changed all that, and was worth the wait. The Outback Limited (especially with the Special Appearance Package) was a clear choice for me relative to the awkward looking (Honda CrossTour, Toyota Venza) and the pricey (Acura RDX, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland). The 3.6R has been a blast to drive.

Impressive Machine
By jetpilot767 on 08/28/12 16:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2013 Outback 3.6 Limited last month. Since then I have traveled from Georgia to New Hampshire to Michigan and Illinois visiting family and friends. All told, I put 3400 miles on the car very quickly. I had been looking at the Outback for several years since my 2002 BMW X-5 was getting a bit long of tooth. I am glad I did because just about all the complaints from other reviewers of the 2010- 2012 models have been resolved. The more I drive this car, the more I enjoy it. And it will go places that other crossovers only dream about.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.