Thought I loved my Murano but really love the Outback
By uscrph on
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I owned a 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD with 20 inch wheels/navigation and all the upgrades. I had 60,000 miles but had issues with the electronic system from nearly the first year of ownership. It was the best driving SUV I have had and was supper loaded and nice --- the big problem was it was dependable with being able to crank it up due to dead batteries - suspect from all of the electronic gadgets placing drain on the car all of the time. Decided to go with the 2012 Subaru which was 6 months old and had 22,000 miles on it from one driver. The car was in almost new condition from front to back. Getting 24 mpg average for both city/highway traffic which is right in line with the specs.
Favorite Features
I didn't think I would like the wagon styling but it has grown on me and is what I would describe as being timeless with its rugid looks. It is one of those cars that when you get in that you can tell it is made well. Test drove the 4 cyl and did not have enough power so went with the 6 cyl and plenty of power. The ride is like a car except that you sit up much like many of the smaller SUV's which gives good visibility. The on dislike is that I have trouble looking back to the right if the car is sitting at an angle with oncoming traffic. You just have to be able to turn around in the seat to make sure no one is coming to be safe. Use the blue tooth for phone and music w/no problems
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement would be a potential redesign of the side mirrors to help with the angle traffic that may come toward the car at some intersections. The bass in my audio system is on of the best and I have had Bose and systems form Lexus, Acura, and others. I would like a little bigger or deeper center console. Overall I really don't have complaints.