2012 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: The Outback, great choice in t

2012 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i PZEV Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

The Outback, great choice in this segment
By lou90 on

2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I own the wagon 2.5 with CVT and I can say that Iím very happy with my purchase. With over 3 K right now, I havenít found anything that I donít like or didnít expect in a ďWagonĒ-SUV in this segment. I almost go for the new 2012 Honda CRV, but I donít regret my decision. Itís solid and comfortable, enough room in both front and rear seat, plenty of cargo space, has style and a great history of reliability. A little noisy because of the CVT, but I could live with that as long as Iím getting fuel efficiency and this seems to be the case since Iíve been averaging (mostly highway) from 27 to 31 MPG not bad if you consider the size of this car and that many times you canít drive at less than 70 miles on NJ highways, otherwise they run over you. Iíve been to several shows where I was able to see and compare others SUV like Toyota Venza or RAV4, the CRV, or the Forester , Iím glad I chose the Outback. I highly recommend it.

AWD, interior space, style, feels secure, cargo space, ground clearance.

The controls for the different air flows are too small, hard to find them when driving during night time. I think all models should include an Ipod port. When lights are on "Auto" and you turn on the car using the remote stater all lights go on (night time) even if the emergency brake is on, I preffer that they stay off while brake is on, this is normal in other makes, this forces me to turn the lights off.