2012 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: The Outback, great choice in t

2012 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2012 Subaru Outback

2.5i 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

The Outback, great choice in this segment
By lou90 on

2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I own the wagon 2.5 with CVT and I can say that I’m very happy with my purchase. With over 3 K right now, I haven’t found anything that I don’t like or didn’t expect in a “Wagon”-SUV in this segment. I almost go for the new 2012 Honda CRV, but I don’t regret my decision. It’s solid and comfortable, enough room in both front and rear seat, plenty of cargo space, has style and a great history of reliability. A little noisy because of the CVT, but I could live with that as long as I’m getting fuel efficiency and this seems to be the case since I’ve been averaging (mostly highway) from 27 to 31 MPG not bad if you consider the size of this car and that many times you can’t drive at less than 70 miles on NJ highways, otherwise they run over you.
I’ve been to several shows where I was able to see and compare others SUV like Toyota Venza or RAV4, the CRV, or the Forester , I’m glad I chose the Outback. I highly recommend it.

AWD, interior space, style, feels secure, cargo space, ground clearance.

The controls for the different air flows are too small, hard to find them when driving during night time. I think all models should include an Ipod port. When lights are on "Auto" and you turn on the car using the remote stater all lights go on (night time) even if the emergency brake is on, I preffer that they stay off while brake is on, this is normal in other makes, this forces me to turn the lights off.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review