2012 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Poor Design, workmanship, and

2012 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

3.6R Limited Wagon (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Poor Design, workmanship, and service
By keigzdad on

2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2012 Outback passenger side seat molding has fallen off four (4) times. We have to drive 150 miles round trip to have it serviced. Last time it was "fixed" it had fallen off by time we arrived back home. Today we received a call from Karen Quinn at Subaru USA asking us to cancel our saturday appointment and reschedule for Tuesday because that is when their district manager is available. Seriously!? My wife is a COO for a health system and I am a university professor. Since when do we have to facilitate YOUR needs Subaru? Shouldn't you and your district manager facilitate OURS?

Favorite Features

Sirius radio - everything else is plastic and crap.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the design, workmanship, and customer service on the seat moldings. More than ONE clip and some super glue maybe!?
By mydogscar72
on 07/02/15 10:04 AM (PDT)

This review is not helpful. It only reinforces my image of the stereotypical Outback driver--the pretentious professor. Makes me not want to buy an outback just to avoid that stereotype, never mind the customer service. So I guess its okay to ask a janitor to move his appointment but not someone as important as a....university professor. I feel bad for the Subaru district manager.

By mydogscar72
on 07/02/15 10:04 AM (PDT)