Horrible technology...
By colonative on
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased this Outback in March. I travel a lot for work. I currently have over 22,000 miles on ths 2012.I purchased this vehicle for the mileage. It has met ALL of those expectations. I average 29 to 30 mph. I have EVERY option available HOWEVER, the technology is HORRIBLE! I have the GPS, top of the line electronics. The bluetooth is marginal (I don't use it anymore) I use 4000 minutes a month on my cell phone. The steering wheel controls will NOT let you switch to the next preprogrammed station on the XM. It takes you to the next station, but NOT the ones you have saved. You have to reach up and touch the screen. The voice controls are terrible as well.
Favorite Features
For safety sake you can not make any changes at all to your play list while driving. I have to unplug device choose song then plug back in. Rearview mirror is mounted to low, I am constantly bending down to look though the windsheild. I drive a lot and buy a vehicle EVERY year, this will be the last Subura for me. DO NOT buy into the technology. The car is good in the snow and the mileage is as reported.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the technology!!! My wife has 2010 Honda Accord, the technology is the same as the Acura. It works great! Improve the technology, The GPS is a waste. It needs to be user friendly. Move the interior mirror higher, the visibilty in this vehicle needs to be addressed. No I DO NOT work for another car manufacturer.