Highly Recommend the 2012 Subaru Outback
By rdp4 on
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Purchased a 2012 Premium 2.5i mid-January replaced 2002 Subaru Forester. Test drove ten vehicles before deciding. Absolutely LOVE it and have no regrets. I drive 100 miles a day & was looking for comfort, safety & good mpg. Seats are comfortable, nice all weather package, heated seats get nice & toasty, lumbar support great for back, drivers side power seat is nice, love heated side mirrors. Other vehicles I drove had blind spots, this has good visibility. Averaging 28+ mpg. AWD great in bad weather. Roomy, high ground clearance, handles well, ride nice & quiet, rear hatch holds a lot, like pull out screen for privacy. If need large item can store screen, flatten rear seats, love that.
Favorite Features
AWD, All weather package, heated seats, lumbar support, blue tooth, exterior styling, decent gas mileage, plenty of room, good visibility, fog lights. At night colors on console go from white to red, really sharp, small blue courtesy light beams down on cup holder area so you can see in the dark. Can store rear pull screen on top of spare tire. Radio nice with six speakers. Well thought out vehicle on design, comfort, safety & mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Would be nice if bluetooth was a little clearer when talking on it. Would be nice if passenger front seat was power and not manual. Would have liked the option to have back up sensors on the bumper vs. camera. Would be nice to have option to have directional lights on side mirrors. Would be nice if Subaru would automatically have 100,000 mile warranty instead of 36,000 mile upon purchase vs. buying the additional coverage.
By rdp4
on 03/25/12 15:54 PM (PDT)

Here is an update to my post. I have had my outback two months now and still love it. I have 3,560 miles on it and I'm averaging 33 mpg city/highway.