6 Month Review
By gebdog on
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
After approximately six months of owning this vehicle and 10K miles of driving I have to say I am very impressed. My wife and I tested similar vehicles before choosing the Outback. We are getting better than the advertised city and highway driving mileage. We decided to change out the factory installed tires for Michelin HydroEdge and happy we did. The new tires make an already nice ride feel more stable although with a little more road noise. We lost the passenger door speaker and once that was replaced the Harmon Kardon stereo sounds great.
Favorite Features
Amazing power from the 2.5I You don't need to mash the pedal to the floor to get out into traffic. Lightly press down and all of a sudden the 2.5I and the CVT automatic sing in harmony and that baby takes off. Also the AWD and all weather package is awesome. The heated seats are great on cold days and nights.
Suggested Improvements
I wish Subaru could do something about the unbearable noise that happens when the rear windows are put down and the front windows are up. It will rattle your brain silly. The car feels a little narrow and the roof line a little shallow from my perspective. I am 5'10 170 lbs and have to carefully duck to get inside so I don't whack my head on the roof pillar. If they could widen and lenghten the vehicle a few inches and not increase the cost of the vehicle I would be impressed.
By pgh3
on 01/19/12 06:40 AM (PST)

Most modern cars have ths noise if one window is rolled down. Also, the hydoedge tires are noisy compared to the contis but will wear twice as long