2012 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Beware Audio Issues
By dardanel on 11/29/11 08:36 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have purchased the vehicle based on excellent reviews and positive feedback from the owners that I have talked to who had the previous versions of this model. I have driven it only for 120 miles. I went for 2.5 engine for better gas mileage. I think 170hp is plenty. Breaking performance is good. Acceleration on hwy from 60 to 80 was good enough for this size engine. Acceleration from 0-60 could be better IMHO. Takes corners and curves very well. It sticks to the road. My only problem is the Audio Set. If you think audio in a car is important this model is not for you. Read more on suggested improvements.

6 Month Review
By gebdog on 10/31/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After approximately six months of owning this vehicle and 10K miles of driving I have to say I am very impressed. My wife and I tested similar vehicles before choosing the Outback. We are getting better than the advertised city and highway driving mileage. We decided to change out the factory installed tires for Michelin HydroEdge and happy we did. The new tires make an already nice ride feel more stable although with a little more road noise. We lost the passenger door speaker and once that was replaced the Harmon Kardon stereo sounds great.

Perfect car
By jstrap on 10/27/11 11:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2008 camry for a 2012 outback and I'm extremely happy with it. The level of comfort and smooth ride matches the camry only it sits up a little higher. I went through a broker so I didn't get my first choice in color but got a great deal. For $22.8k you can't beat it. The base stereo is satisfactory and it's not quite as quick as the camry but it's a lot of fun to drive and has AWD which comes in pretty handy in Colorado. This is the best car I've owned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$102 per month*