2012 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
6 Month Review
By gebdog on 10/31/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After approximately six months of owning this vehicle and 10K miles of driving I have to say I am very impressed. My wife and I tested similar vehicles before choosing the Outback. We are getting better than the advertised city and highway driving mileage. We decided to change out the factory installed tires for Michelin HydroEdge and happy we did. The new tires make an already nice ride feel more stable although with a little more road noise. We lost the passenger door speaker and once that was replaced the Harmon Kardon stereo sounds great.

Perfect car
By jstrap on 10/27/11 11:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2008 camry for a 2012 outback and I'm extremely happy with it. The level of comfort and smooth ride matches the camry only it sits up a little higher. I went through a broker so I didn't get my first choice in color but got a great deal. For $22.8k you can't beat it. The base stereo is satisfactory and it's not quite as quick as the camry but it's a lot of fun to drive and has AWD which comes in pretty handy in Colorado. This is the best car I've owned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Outback in NJ is:

$186 per month*