2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Traded in a Forester for an Ou

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

3.6R Limited Wagon (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Traded in a Forester for an Outback
By danwatson on

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2010 Forester in June, 2010 when a job changed forced a move to the Eastern Sierras and an elevation of 8000 feet. The Forester was a great car that handled the snow without any problems. But, it was underpowered at this elevation and too small for someone who's 6'3" and 260 pounds. So, we traded it in on a 2011 Outback 3.6 Limited. No regrets at all. The 6 cylinder is both smooth and powerful, and the 5 speed transmission is much better than the 4 speed in the Forester. It's got plenty of room, front and back. The only car I've owned that's as comfortable was an Infiniti M35. This is a great road car. If it's as reliable as the Forester was in 18,000 miles, I'm happy.

Smooth and powerful engine nicely matched tot he 5 speed automatic transmission. Fit and finish are very good for a car in this price range. I don't generally like the appearance of SUV's and in the past have not thought much of Subaru's styling, but I find this to be a very attractive car. When we bought our first Subaru a year ago the salesman said the brand has tremendous customer loyalty and a high rate of replacing a Subaru with another one. After owning two, I can understand why. And, they hold their value. I owned the Forester one year, and put on 18,000 miles. I got $1500 less than I paid for it on a trade in.

None so far.