2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: This car/SUV is a sleeper!

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

This car/SUV is a sleeper!
By sea_eagle22 on

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2011 limited at the end of Sept 2010 and drove it to Southwest Florida from MD. Mileage was 30mpg on the interstate. Locally I am getting 26+ in combined driving. Seats are wonderful times 10 exp 100. The only thing I don't like is the cheap radio display which can not show the majority of the letters of the artist or song title. We have the technology! I experienced the vibration, caused by conti tires that could not be balanced. Two tires were replaced at 3500 miles. Did I say the seats are fantastic? It takes some time to get use to the rea view camera in the rearview mirror

Seats mpg smooth ride capacity

Better radio display, lighten vehicle weight by 200 pounds, add turn signal indicators in the exterior mirror housings
By pulse1
on 03/19/11 11:37 AM (PDT)

I really like my OB - but the seats are not perfect. They're too short - they could extend an additional 1-2" toward the pedals or include an adjustment (similar to lumbar) that would achieve this. I'm not extra tall (5'10") and I feel like the area below my knees is hanging there. Not a major gripe - but it's there.

By firstsuby
on 03/04/11 12:08 PM (PST)

did the new tires solve yourvibration problem?

By bslater
on 03/13/11 05:18 AM (PDT)

I've had two Subarus in the past five years and had issues with vibration in the tires. With both cars, the service team said they couldn't replicate the vibration or noise that I heard during test drives. In both cases, it was wheel bearings going bad but the first time we hadn't pushed the issue and ended up having to replace rotors, brakes and tires. This time, at 11 months after purchase, my husband insisted that they ride with him while he drove at 55 mph in order for them to hear the noise. He learned that their test drives had only been in the parking lot then around the block and the mechanic told him that Subaru has always had issues with wheel bearings so they had several in stock. I would recommend that you ask them to check the wheel bearings whenever you experience vibration.