2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: They need to upgrade the quali

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

They need to upgrade the quality of their plastics and fix some of the "accepted" normal problems with Subarus
By 1happycamper on

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned two Subaruís over the past four years (2009 Forrester; 2011 Outback). I was happy to start up with the Subaru line since I thought I would be getting a quality car. I have to say that Iíve been disappointed in the quality and irksome ďnormalĒ issues. It has the standard Subaru brake clunk and the muffler-guard rattle. It has a catalytic convertor baffle noise vibration too. It has a clicking noise behind the driverís dashboard and creaking/rattles in the plastic trays on the sides of the doors. Iíve already started looking at what other car brand I might be able to purchase. Sorry Subaru, itís sayonara for me.

It does have a great engine with good pickup, very decent gas mileage (30 mpg is a norm). Lots of room for dogs, gear and it has an integrated roof rack.

You need to fix the muffler guard issue...it's been around long enough. Use higher grade plastic in your "hidden" areas since those are the things that start creaking at 2 years of age or 40k miles of driving...and they are a BEAR to get to when you need to try to figure out the cause of the noise.