2011 Subaru Outback 3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Right sized

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Right sized
By marionman1973 on

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are the proud new owners of a 2011 Outback Limited 3.6R. We got it three weeks ago because we were expecting. Baby boy was born last week. We came down to two choices: The Ford Explorer and the Outback. After several test drives in each my wife picked the one I was hoping for. The Explorer was a little to big and while the My Ford touch interface is cool all I could see was something that would break in a year. We live in a city so while you want a good size vehicle you have to be aware that it can be a problem when looking for a place to park and when you trying to get through traffic. It has significantly more room than the other crossovers. Very Happy so far.

Favorite Features

Size, Size, Size. The all wheel drive is nice and the interior is very well done. Nice but not over the top. Good driving position and excellent power from the flat six.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is not the best in the world. Blue tooth mic could be a little better.