2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Pretty good, but could be bett

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Pretty good, but could be better.
By kaitflower on

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 07 Impreza Outback Sport for the new Outback late last year. I loved my sport and I miss it. I need a larger car to drive myself, husband and 2 60 lb dogs between Ohio and California a couple times a year. I have 22,000 miles on her already with no major mechanical problems. As many people say:STEERING WHEEL. The shake. It's horrible. The process is horrible. Took the car in one day and the insisted that they evaluate the tires. Bad tire was the verdict. Replace it and have to drive 4000 miles right away. Nope, still there. Take it back in and they decide to do the replacement steering wheel, etc. Still not fixed.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, AWD, good for road trips. Great MPG! Durable body. Back-up Camera. Good pick-up on highway even in mountains. Easy to get in and out.

Suggested Improvements

C'mon. Fix the steering vibration. Softer seats different location of cup holders. they're awkward to get to while driving. I pod jack in front as well as inside. Shifting is slow. Shift from Park to Drive... wait... ok go. Eliminate "helicopter" sounds with dog windows down.