Overall it's a great car
By JHK on
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I was looking for a smaller SUV with better gas mileage than our current Honda Pilot (which we loved), but wanted plenty of cargo space. Narrowed down to the Chevy Equinox and Subaru Outback. Both were good, but the OB had better reputation for quality. I wanted the 4 cylinder for the gas mileage, but my wife convinced me to get the 6 cylinder for better performance. I'm glad I did. The 6 cylinder has a lot of zip for the freeway, is a lot quieter than the 4 cylinder and, frankly, is a lot of fun to drive (after 7 years with the Pilot). Gas mileage is good. I commute from the suburbs and average slightly over 23 mpg. Plenty of cargo space. Good lucking. Really well designed.
Favorite Features
Cargo space. Upgraded speakers and XM radio. Bluetooth. Remote start. (Really like this for hot or cold days.) Homelink (Should be standard.) Zippiness with 6 cylinder engine. Overall quality.
Suggested Improvements
There's no a/c vents in the back seat. This was almost a deal-killer for us in Georgia, but the climate control system is pretty good and the remote start helps cool the car before we get in. It would be nice to have a few more storage compartments and better cup holders for the back seat door,