My third Subie in three years
By 2005graypwrstk on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
We have an '08 Impreza OBS and an '09 WRX with lottsa mods. Both great cars. I needed a comfy adult vehicle to replace my just sold F250 pwrstroke diesel. I opted for the mileage and utility of the Outback Limited,moon, HK,Sat,camera. With 1400 miles and just returning from a ski trip where I average just under 30 mpg over the Cascades, I am very happy. I questioned my not buying the 3.6 for the first 1k miles until the 2.5i loosened up a bit. From experience I know the Subies don't really break in until close to 5k miles. This car is tight, very comfortable, and actually handles decently now that I'm getting used to how to toss it. Only gripe..hard plastic dash.
Favorite Features
Comfort, quiet, mileage. I've owned Lexus and Mercedes, Audi....every time I see one I ask "is that worth more than twice the entry fee? Answer, No! Not in this world economy especially. Finally, we even get a decent (HK) sound system in a Subie, and a dash that doesn't rattle. Overall a very well rounded vehicle for $30k!
Suggested Improvements
How much more could some soft touch material on the dash cost Subaru per vehicle? Maybe $23.00? I'd prefer a real parking brake....but give me time, I will get used to it.