Love my Subie
By Connij on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I decided it was time to get a new SUV so researched new vehicles via the internet and the new car review edition of Consumer Reports. Most important to me were reliability, safety, good MPG, AWD, etc. Narrowed my choices (small SUV) to Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tuscon, Subaru Forester. Went to Subaru dealer and test drove 2010 Foresters. They were just okay but not exactly sold. Saw a 2011 Outback and saw the MPG (lower than the Forester.) Test drove the Outback. It was perfect! Traded in '01 Honda CRV, 133,000 miles (never gave me any trouble.) Ten years since I bought a new car so I was thrilled with latest technology.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, rear view camera (didn't think I needed it but rely on it now), AWD, great MPG, custom cargo liner, very readable dashboard dials, compass heading on rear view mirror, automatic sun roof, heated seats, lumbar support, etc, etc, etc. Very smooth, quiet ride.
Suggested Improvements
Have had the Outback almost a month, and put on 1,300 miles so far. If splash guards were included, that would be nice. I have not been able to find 2011 Outback accessories on the internet yet (splash guards and bug shield for the hood.) This is my very first Subaru and I love it!