Just purchased and will continue review
By Card Fan on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have spent the past two months methodically reviewing, test-driving, and evaluating vehicles that I would consider appropriate for a growing family. I narrowed the choice down to the following four vehicles: Honda CR-V, Honda Odyssey, Subaru Outback, and Kia Sorento. The CR-V sounded so noisy on the test drives and the interior seemed a bit cheap in comparison to the other vehicles so it fell off the list. The Oddessey had a great ride, but the price was pushing 36,000 or higher out the door. I pained over the remaining two, and after reading all the customer reviews available I ruled out the Kia Sorento because of miscellaneous reported problems. Over the next year I plan to write 3 reviews
Favorite Features
Reported fuel economy, Out the Door price of 32,700 including taxes, licensing, registration (Power moonroof and nav with puddle lights, splash guards, Cargo net, all weather mats), in the Southeastern US.
Suggested Improvements
I will be reporting more over the next year. I am starting out high with the ratings and we will see what happens in the next 12 months.
By martha18
on 03/25/11 21:16 PM (PDT)

Love your comments. I can definitely identify with your methods. I have been doing the same research for the last few months; Consumer Report, Edmunds, Cars.com, etc. Today I went to see the CRV, Rav-4, Forester, Outback, and Nissan Altima (just thought I'd check out one car). After an exhausting day of looking, I eventually came back to the Outback. I think that's what I've decided to get. It seems to be a step above the others in interior finish, mileage, space. I wish it would have rear vents and the auto door locks when you speed up above 5mph. I think I'm going to take the plunge next week and buy the 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT). Hope I'm making the right decision. I'll look forward to reading your upcoming ratings. Hope they're good because I'll have already purchased one!!