2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Impressed

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2011 Subaru Outback

Impressed
By Pilotdad on

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking for an AWD/4WD vehicle to replace our rear wheel drive sedan. We have driven several Hondas over the years and were considering the Crosstour. We really wanted to like it but just didn't. It was comfortable, but didn't handle well and didn't have a lot of power even though it had a V6. Hey, if I'm going to give up the gas mileage for the bigger engine, I want some guts in return! We also tried the Venza but were unimpressed. Then we drove the OB. Wow, it was great. Handled well, plenty of zip, nice fit and finish, comfortable, and roomy. Great visibility. High reliability by consumer groups. I can see why Subie owners are so loyal now that I own one! Consider it.

Engine response, handling, overall comfort. Bluetooth is easy and works great. Man, there's a lot of room. Great utility.

Trade the fuel economy gauge for one that is more engine critical. Make the Homelink/compass rear-view mirror standard on the Limited. I prefer a normal emergency brake over the button on the dash. How about importing the diesel.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review