Horrible Seat Comfort and Goofy Nav System
By cincy3 on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I now own my first Subaru Outback for just a week and already want to get rid of it. One huge factor... the seat headrests are horrible. Have now, after purchasing the car, found several blogs citing the same problem. The headrests lean too far forward making my neck ache - and I cannnot find a comfortable position. I now need to find someone to fix it or i will be getting rid of it after just a week of ownership. Also - a minor complaint - the Nav system is goofy. Takes different disks for different parts of the country instead of one simple system like Garmin. So, living on the edge of their regions - I have to keep switching disks. goofy.
Favorite Features
I had wanted to love this car but the problem with the seat head rests is overshadowing all of the good points.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the horrible seat head rests and start using a normal Nav system. Other than that - the car is fine and a joy to drive.
By suntg
on 08/16/11 18:25 PM (PDT)

You are right about the headrests, my wife have have the same problem. But she is okay by raising that high. I never use headrests, so no issues with me.

By okcthunder1
on 09/06/11 17:51 PM (PDT)

Unfortunately the "headrests right against the back of your head" seems to be an annoying feature of most new cars-probably another mandate from the looking out for us federal government. I recline the seat back on the vehicle I currently own (not an Outback) just enough to get the stupid thing away from my head!

By jasper20
on 09/24/11 10:41 AM (PDT)

Headrest angle is Federally legislated SAFETY requirement and is same angle for all new cars and car manufacturers are too cheap to produce adjustable angle headrests..... The reason that they are like that is that non-tilting headrests are less expensive to produce. Damn near every car I have owned has had adjustable headrests. I sincerely doubt that the adjustable headrests in Mercedes/Audi/Infinity are unsafe.....you can change angle with hydraulic press.... Thread where I fixed mine with a hydraulic press: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...cs-inside.html