Great New 2011 OutBack 2.5i Limited
By lgregor on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
My wife & I bought a 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited to help keep the miles off our 2008 Jeep JK with 114k on it already. I love my Jeep and it truly is the best 4wd out there but since driving the Outback I have become spoiled. The quality of ride is something I didnt expect out of this vehicle. Driving the exact same roads and paths I have taken for the past 3 years its a completely different feel. Many bumps/dips that I knew were there in other vehicles seemingly dissapear or become so minimal its outstanding. I am pretty large and I fit very easily in the new Outback. At 6'1 I dont even have to have the seat all the way back to fit. The doors/seals are very very good. Very good fit n finish.
Favorite Features
Very smooth ride, dampens sharp bumps, potholes and off-road is unusually smooth; backup camera with sunroof/dimming mirror package is really great; Chose the 4 cylinder model and has plenty of power to scoot around the mountain terrain of Western North Carolina; 4cyl model has engine space and easy access maint. -very very roomy inside, Driver & Passenger area has a great deal of space. Already getting 29.4MPG on the highway and vehicle has less than 500miles. Not yet broken in and have not yet changed to synthetic oils. Bluetooth and interior features are very useful; I am 6'1, 350lbs and there is still more room to go back in the front seats; seemingly endless storage space in the trunk
Suggested Improvements
Manual tranny was preferred but could not find ANYWHERE without special ordering; Give options for different tire choices at the dealer; OEM tires are fine but other snow/offroad choices would be nice; A 4-Lo option would be very welcome so when in 1st gear down a steep grade (in snow) would be usable vs the vehicle increasing speed regarless of staying in 1st gear; I own a 4x4 Jeep JK and was hoping the engine breaking on the AWD would be like the Jeep in a manual tranny; would like to see a deeper center console storage area.