Great car...they think of everything!!
By 1happycamper on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
This is my second Subaru. I had a 2009 Subaru forrester but found it to be kind of an ambling vehicle (not very responsive or sporty). After40k miles, I traded in my Forrester for a 2011 Outback. The Outback is very sporty and is fun to drive...very peppy. Very reasonably priced for the features provided. I've been getting 30 mpg and love the vehicle. This is the perfect vehicle for an active individual. It hauls my road bikes on the hitch rack, the kayak on the roof, and my therapy dog to the nursing home. Then it cleans up nicely to haul five people comfortably to dinner and a concert. Truly a great deal!!
Favorite Features
The rear seats have a reclining feature and you can remove the headrest and flip the seats forward (flip back seat forward and front passenger seat back all the way back) and can fit a single kayak inside the vehicle!! My 10 foot kayak almost fit all the way. Another nice feature is the roof railings can be unclipped and manipulated to move across the roof (perpendicular to the car) and can then be used with a Thule, Yakima, or foam block roof rack kit for kayaks (my engineer husband figured this out saving me hundreds of dollars in roof rack add-ons). The auto transmission has the tiptronic with paddle shifters which is a blast to drive. Watch your speed! This baby is peppy!
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade the interior trim to higher grade materials. Very minor plastic creaking after 26k miles, but still under warranty so was able to get it fixed.