Get a 3.6 R!
By Jdoll on
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
At the time I bought my outback there weren't any real good reviews for the 3.6, most were for the 2.5 so I was hesitant. However after 4500 miles I am really glad I got the bigger engine! The extra power is awesome and really performs quite well! I also disagree with the review stating that the ride is "doughy" and lacks response. Its a wagon, not a rally car! So far I have gotten between 22 and 24 miles per gallon and on the highway actually get around 26! The upgraded stereo system is nice, and for the most part my bluetooth has worked really well. This is a great trip car! Have been on several road trips already and have put 4500 miles on the car in three months!
Favorite Features
Engine, All wheel drive, Stereo system w/ipod plug in, the auto dimming mirror is really nice, never had one of those, and the puddle lights look cool and are also really functional. Reclining back seats are nice for rear passengers as well. I actually like the MPG gauge.
Suggested Improvements
Rear AC vents, Nav system is very picky (please upgrade subaru!), need to allow passengers to input destination as well. I like the push-button emergency brake for hills when parking and such but not sure how it would be if my brakes went out.