2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Exceeded My Expectations

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Exceeded My Expectations
By winebike on

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have driven my OB 1200 miles. The build date was 10/10 and it came with Conti ProContact tires. In mixed city/highway driving, I've been averaging 22 mph. I previously drove a Lexus GS300. I am very happy with the ride, handling, and features of the OB. When I took my first test drive of an OB last summer, I didn't like it and took it off my list, but I kept coming back to it and liked it better after each test drive. After my fourth test drive, I was sold. After buying the OB and getting to know it even better, I can say that the OB has exceeded my expectations and is an awesome car for its class.

Overall engineering, good ride and handling, driver seat comfort, paddle shifters, puddle lights, interior/cargo space, quiet interior, plenty of headroom, and good rear visibility (with and without backup camera).

Things I would like to see added or changed to make the OB even more appealing to me would be a more modern navigation system (shouldn't need to use multiple discs nowadays for complete coverage of the US), power lift gate, memory seats, a subwoofer with the HK audio system, and a large, center mounted speedometer. And, get rid of the styling creases in the hood.