Don't let your car die:(
By michaelborge on
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I am really unhappy that I bought my car. I have had it four weeks and it has spent the last 3 days in the shop. One of my kids left a dome light on in the car over night and it died. The next morning I tried to jump it and it wouldn't jump. The car had stopped recognizing my keys and remote starter. I had to get it towed and reprogrammed. I don't want a car that is going to need to be towed if the battery goes dead. The gas milage is no where near thirty like it say that it can get. I average about 20 on the highway.
Favorite Features
I like the rack on top that I added, because it makes it look tough.
Suggested Improvements
I would suggest that Subaru go back to what made them legends- tough economical cars. I grew up with Brats and loved the symplicity and the durability.
By faster_1
on 05/02/11 10:56 AM (PDT)

I averaged 25 mph (spec mileage) on highway with my 3.6R engine which is much more thirsty than 2.5. Average 18-19 in the city (spec 18). Actually when I put the car on 65mph on cruise, the mileage went to 27 mpg. Something is real wrong with your car, buddy.

By matt5214
on 12/28/11 15:00 PM (PST)

I have a 2011/ 2.5, and can easily get 30-34mpg on a flat highway. I highly doubt you're getting 20 if your engine is running. Do you drive uphill both ways to work?